Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday

The funniest thing happened this morning during AIL. I was having two students come up at a time for a little quiz off. The first one to grab the stuffed horse would get to answer. I paired two best friends against each other and one of them went wild. He was so excited to compete against his friend. He yelled at the top of his lungs, "Do you want to dance pretty boy?" I tried to keep a straight face. But then I just lost it. Where do this kids come up with these things?

We had our weekly drawing for a stuffed animal. The students earn tickets throughout the week. At the end of the week I draw a name and they get to pick a stuffed animal. The kids go wild over this. I wish I could just give them all one. The big score this week was a webkin.

If you would like to donate a stuffed animal towards the weekly drawing, you can just send it to school. I think I have enough for the rest of the year. But I could always draw more than one name.

I was organizing our games and realized that we could always use more. If you have any old games you want to get rid of, you can send those to school too.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, from sunny California! This blog is too cute! It sounds like you are having such a great time with the students! Tell everyone I said HI and I'm going to check back often to hear about what's going on the class!!

    ~Mrs. Grant

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good to talk to you on Saturday. Send up pictures of your new house so I can show the class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wondering who made the pretty boy comment...it sounds familiar to me.

    Hi Victoria...wishing I was in Cali too.
    Missy

    ReplyDelete